Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 91 and time to change things up a bit

I usually set out to take a pretty picture or a technically good picture to share with you. I did take several pictures of some Christmas decorations at work but when I was flipping through it was this picture that grabbed my attention. This is my desk. I spend 8 hours a day here. I am the Queen of this tiny domain and this little kind of crappy picture shows it exactly as I live in it. The thing is, and I am not sure why, I am really attached to my veal feeding pen. I love my window. I like my chair. I like the pictures I have hung on the wall. Despite the fact that I share the office with other, this little patch is all mine. I don't have to share it with anyone. I can kick people out. It is the only spot I have like that. Do you have a spot where you reign supreme?

"I know how women like to personalize their desks with flowers, and plants,and hand
lotion, but I prefer the place to be professional."
Josh Lyman 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...good question. I'm home with Magda, a home I share with her and Mike, so I guess none of it is strictly "my domain" exclusively. Although I am the only one who uses the back yard, so I guess that's mine. Hmmm...I use the computer desk a lot so I guess that's very "mine" (though not only mine).

    On the other hand, that's always been true for me. I've almost always lived with other people (there was six months when I didn't have a roommate and I HATED it)and I've almost always had jobs where I didn't have my own office or desk (space is at a premium in daycares) so I'm not used to this "queen of my tiny domain" of which you speak. It sounds nice though!

    ReplyDelete