Friday, November 5, 2010

64/365

I had my picture for today all planned but I got home to discover that Mary had kidnapped my gnomes. That or I left them in her living room by accident but kidnapping sounds much more dramatic and in the spirit of NaNoWriMo.  Speaking of which.... as you may or may not know my novel is not so loosely based on my own incredibly messed up childhood and how it made me the person I am because of this I have been spending a lot of time looking at pictures and artifacts around the house that make me think of my experience growing up. Hence my subject for today's photo (because my gnomes are missing. Mary I am on to you!)

 I have had bunny literally as long as I can remember. I think it started out as one of those things that the child is never meant to touch but at some point in my very early childhood I somehow convinced my mother it should live in my bedroom. I was really young because I remember very clearly being in the bedroom on Rankin Drive (grade primary) when my mother walked in and found me applying a coat of clear nail polish on him (and every thing else I owned. word to the wise a chalk board with nail polish on it is no longer any fun!) Anyway after that there was no sense in hiding it away so he has been with me ever since and as you can tell he has had some trails over the years but that is why he is one of my most cherished possessions.

1 comment:

  1. Meghan, as soon as I read your post I immediately went on a search for your gnomes. No luck! I DID NOT KIDNAP YOUR (GN)OHMS!! Perhaps they saw the car ride as their perfect chance for escape and have migrated below the seats?
    Also, Bunny looks exactly like Magda when she sleeps, minus the long ears.

    ReplyDelete