Wednesday, September 22, 2010

20!!

I can't believe I have done ANYTHING other then breathe for 20 days in a row. Tonight has been a bit busy because after 3 days of cold and flu season it looks like a nuke went off in here. I couldn't even find a clean spot to take a picture until I was standing in the doorway of my husbands computer room. It is funny all the things around your house that you never see until you are looking for SOMETHING. I was standing there talking to Gil and realized I was staring at a word I put on his door well over a year ago and have barely glanced at since so I guess it is doing its job.



'Suddenly I saw Hagbard's eyes burning into me and heard his voice: ``Your heart will remain calm. Your adrenalin gland will remain calm. Calm, all-over calm. You will not panic. you will look at the fnord and see it. You will not evade it or black it out. you will stay calm and face it. And further back, way back: my first-grade teacher writing FNORD on the blackboard, while a wheel with a spiral design turned and turned on his desk, turned and turned, and his voice droned on, IF YOU DON'T SEE THE FNORD IT CAN'T EAT YOU, DON'T SEE THE FNORD, DON'T SEE THE FNORD . . .'
excerpt from The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea.

1 comment: