Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day three...

This morning while I was having my cup of tea and enjoying the view from living room window I was suddenly struck by a monumental thought. This house is 55 years old! Before it was my safe and happy home it was someone else's. How many people had stood in this very room holding a cup of tea and taking in the beautiful view? I shared my remarkable thought with my facebook universe and had several lovely responses including one from a  fellow greyhound owner who grew up on this street and actually had a friend who lived in our house and spent time here! Another was a message from a my friend Juliet who requested a picture of the view I was soaking in.
Juliet I am sorry that this is an evening shot and not the morning but I am sure you can still see why I love it so much.

Mango enjoys the view too!

1 comment:

  1. Other people have stood in their underwear in that very spot. Possibly with other, now dead, cats looking out that very window. Hmm...I know the people who last lived in my house and...well, I try not to think about what they did here. They were a very...uh...adventurous couple. It doesn't bear thinking about.

    ReplyDelete